The Regional Studies Programme (RSP) Scholarship is offered by Ministry of Education to encourage academically able and linguistically talented students to pursue H2 History, covering the developments in South East Asia under the Regional Studies Programme. The local enrichment programme includes culinary experiences, cultural performances and a trip to the region such as Indonesian cities of Surabaya, Solo, Yogyakarta and Bandung. The RSP aims to nurture a group of students comfortably conversant in Malay Language or Bahasa Indonesia and with an understanding of culture and contemporary development in the nearby region.
Students in this programme are required to offer History at H2 level.
- Be Singapore Citizens
- Have done consistently well in school and have obtained outstanding overall results in their GCE O-Level Examinations or equivalent based on their IP school’s internal assessment
- Have obtained at least a B3 in Malay (Special Programme) or Bahasa Indonesia
- Have been successfully admitted to RSP in one of the RSP centres
- Have a very good co-curricular activities record
- Have good conduct record
- Not currently be in receipt of any other MOE scholarship (except Edusave Scholarships)
Terms and Conditions
The scholarship provides an allowance of $1,000 per annum. It also covers school fees based on Singapore Citizens’ rates less any subsidies, subject to an annual cap of $2,400. It is tenable for 2 years, subject to satisfactory progress at the end of JC1 and good conduct. Successful applicants are not required to enter into a bond to serve the Singapore Government. Successful applicants must offer Malay (Special Programme) or Bahasa Indonesia as third language at Secondary level and offer H2 History (Southeast Asia module)/IB History with 30-hour Advanced Conversational Malay Language or Bahasa Indonesia at Pre-University level. There is no restriction on the choice of the remaining subjects. Successful applicants are required to participate in the Overseas Immersion Programme and other compulsory RSP activities organised by the school and Ministry of Education.
If you have any enquires, you can contact Ms Marliza at email@example.com