The Parent Gateway(PG) Mobile App is an initiative by MOE to enable parents to interact with schools more conveniently on administrative and financial matters. Parents will also be able to use this app to stay updated on school’s programme and activities.
The PG App will be implemented in all schools over the course of 2019. If you have two or more children and they are in different schools, you will be able to receive notifications for all your children on the same PG App.
The free app will bring several benefits, including:
- Providing parents with timely information about school events
(eg, enrichment and CCA activities)
- Enabling parents to perform a range of functions including giving consent for school trips
- Reducing usage of paper and decreasing environmental impact (hard-copies will no longer be provided)
We strongly encourage all parents to download and use the PG App as it will bring significant benefits for parents, teachers and the school.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FOR PARENTS)
1. Who can access Parents Gateway?
Parents Gateway contains sensitive information about students and their parents. Access to the mobile app is restricted to parents and legal guardians who are Singpass holders.
If you fall into any of the following categories, you are eligible to apply for SingPass:
- Singapore Citizen and Permanent Resident
- Employment Pass and Personalised Employment Pass holders
- EntrePass holders
- S-Pass holders
- Dependant Pass holders (of EP, PEP, EntrePass and S-Pass holders)
- Long Term Visit Pass-Plus (LTVP+) holders
- Long Term Visit Pass holders
- Selected Work Permit Holders who require SingPass to access government digital Visit WPOL Enquiry Service to check your status.
Schools will continue to issue hardcopy letters and consent forms to parents and legal guardians who are unable to onboard Parents Gateway.
2. How do I apply for SingPass?
Please visit the SingPass website (https://www.singpass.gov.sg), or scan the QR codes below to register for a SingPass and set up the 2-Step Verification (2FA). Should you require further assistance, please contact SingPass Helpdesk at 6643-0555.
3. I forgot my SingPass password. How do I reset it?
If you have set up your SingPass 2FA, you can reset your password instantly online:
- Visit https://www.singpass.gov.sg
- Select “Reset Password” icon on the scroll bar. Enter your NRIC/FIN details, followed by your SMS/Token One-Time Password.
- Create your new SingPass password.
4. I have to use my SingPass for login. Is it secured?
SingPass is an online account management for access to Singapore Government e-
services. It allows users to access hundreds of government services easily and securely
5. Must I pay for the app?
Parents Gateway is free-of-charge.
6. I have more than 1 child, do I require multiple accounts?
No, you do not need multiple accounts. You will be able to access all your children’s information through a single platform on Parents Gateway, even if your children are attending different schools.
7. Can I receive information on both Parents Gateway and through hardcopy forms so that I can pin up the forms as reminders?
Parents are encouraged to view the school announcements and consent forms using the app. For parents who wish to receive reminders on upcoming events, there is an “Add to Calendar” feature. Upon selection, the event would be synced with your phone calendar.
8. Can I access Parents Gateway on the computer?
Parents Gateway is only available as a mobile application. Supported OS Versions:
Android 6.0 or later & iOS 9.1 or later.
9. Are the access rights limited to one parent only?
No, both parents can access their children’s information simultaneously from their respective Parents Gateway accounts.
10. Do both parents have to reply to consent forms?
Only a single consent is required. Once consent has been given, it cannot be edited by either parent. Should there be a change in decision, parents have to inform the school directly.
11. Does the usage of the app require large data consumption?
Parents Gateway does not require large data consumption.
12. Can I communicate with my child’s teacher directly via the app?
This feature is not available at this point in time.
13. I am experiencing difficulty using the app, who should I go to?
You may approach your child’s school for assistance.